Learn to drive all over again
Moving from a manual car to an automatic car could on the outside seem easy. Not so, as we have discovered when getting a new automatic car for Devon Driver and Rider Training. We chose the Hyundai i30 from Torbay Hyundai.
The next generation of magical electronics has transformed newer cars in to playgrounds. They now have some very neat gadgets, but that means a manual big enough that you need a wheelbarrow to carry it.
- Cruise control has been around for some time but cruise control that allows you to pick the distance between you and a vehicle in front (Intelligent cruise control!)
- Lane Keep Assist. This not only tells you if you stray out of your lane with out indication; but there is a system that then (if switched on) guides you back in to the lane.
- Autonomous Emergency Braking. This applies the brakes if it thinks it is going to hit something ahead.
- Blind Spot Detection and Cross Traffic Alert has you covered if things are moving around you.
- Auto Hold hand-brakes which release when the car is driven under power. You thought Hill Hold Assist is as good as it got!
With some of these gadgets you might ask: is there any room for the driver?
All of these things are just aids. You trust them to help you and guide you, or give you information but… It makes sense you know how to use them.
If you are moving from manual car or even just upgrading your auto, contact us and see how we can help you get to the bottom of the new driving experience.
We can offer help with familiarisation as well as just and introduction to automatic cars.
Give us a call!